Clownfish and Cerith Snail Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuburg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

Quick question: my clownfish that I've had for 2 weeks now seems to eat a little funny, but I'm new to the hobby, so I thought I'd ask all of you. When I feed him the flake food, (i've been real careful to only give a little, I've been warned lots not to overfeed). He gets real excited for the food, and seems to eat some of the pieces, but other pieces he'll take in his mouth, then spit them out. I've also been giving some Mysis (spelling?) shrimp a few times per week, which he gets even more excited about. He seems to eat some, yet again, others he'll take in and spit out, repeatedly. Any ideas? He appears to be a happy guy, swims calmly around during the day and all.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Clown update

Yea, he seems to eat some of the flake and mysis (more of the mysis). The shrimp might be too big, I'll try to make them smaller pieces. He's about 2 & 1/2 inches in size. The flakes are pretty small as it is, don't think I can make them much smaller

thanks!

Matt

They'll spit them out to break it down into smaller pieces. Perfectly normal behavior for most fish.

Where's the cerith snail part of the question? :lol:

Yup, perfectly normal, my clowns always eat that way. I think its their way of chewing (breaking up the food).

Back
Top Bottom