Clownfish swap ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs has offered me a straight swap ! His pair of ocean caught black clarkii clowns for my breeding pair of tank raised oscellaris clowns ! Is this a good swap or would I be robbing myself ? Thoughts please !

My lfs has offered me a straight swap ! His pair of ocean caught black clarkii clowns for my breeding pair of tank raised oscellaris clowns ! Is this a good swap or would I be robbing myself ? Thoughts please !

You sure they're wild caught. I'm pretty sure only sustainable aquatics has black clarkiis. However it is a good trade if you have room for the clarkiis. They get a lot bigger than ocellaris.

Thanks ! Yeh it's a great lfs and the pair he has offered me are not actually for sale they are in his display tank ! My main reason for wanting to go ahead with it is I have a really nice pink rose tip bubble anemone which has recently split and its pretty big now and I think because my clowns are constantly spawning they won't even look at it lol ! I'm hoping a small pair of clarkii,s will host it and the lfs will have the time to raise the fry from my pair ! I know there's no garentee that they will host but I guess there's more chance with them being juveniles !

Thanks ! Yeh it's a great lfs and the pair he has offered me are not actually for sale they are in his display tank ! My main reason for wanting to go ahead with it is I have a really nice pink rose tip bubble anemone which has recently split and its pretty big now and I think because my clowns are constantly spawning they won't even look at it lol ! I'm hoping a small pair of clarkii,s will host it and the lfs will have the time to raise the fry from my pair ! I know there's no garentee that they will host but I guess there's more chance with them being juveniles !

I'd swap them. Clarkiis are so much cooler haha.

So I got my pair of Australia black clarkii clowns and I'm really pleasd with them ! They are really active and feeding well and after acclimation I released them and they headed straight for the bubble tip !

Just trying to upload pics !

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wont let me upload pics its saying ive exeeded my quota ?

Back
Top Bottom