Coralife Aqualight Compact Fluorescent Lights and Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up a Coralife Aqualight Compact Fluorescent Light for my 55 gallon. It's the 260 watt 4 bulb version. I would love to add some moonlights in it. Has anyone does this? I looked in the DIY section but I don't have a hood to put them into . My tank has a glass top... Did anyoen expoy or hot glue the bulbs to the back of the light? Will they reflect off the glass too much?

Thanks
Rich

Sorry, firefighter I have the same lights and was wondering the same thing so I am gonna jump on this thread as well to see what people say.. (hope you don't mind) :)

Doan

Hi,

If you're interested in being challenged a bit - take a look at yaksplat's post on the DIY forum named "5 LED moonligh"

If you buy the supplies from the right place you can build one of these with as many LED's as you want for under $10. Also you can enclose the LED's in just about anything you want as well. They can be glued into a small piece of sheet plastic and could easily just sit on top of the Aquarium covers as the sheet would be very light.

HTH

Tom

WooHoo a triple post. Be careful the back arrow can be dangerous. Hehehe. They are both. I am not too suren the spectim of th blues but some of the standard OEM moonlights are white.

Okay here you go. This works just fine. Buy up some of the CSL moonlights (or anything similar in size) and just set them on the protective lens in your Coralife and run the cords down the backside (cool side) and out of a little notch you cut in the plastic where the lens slides into the fixture. VWALA! Oh yea, as far as placement of the lights, place them under the bulb connectors and in the center where there is a large gap. Just use velcrow or zipties.

Back
Top Bottom