Diving back in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albella

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Morning All. Brand new here but not to Salt Water Aquariums. It was my Wife and her Fathers hobby and after his passing I have stepped in and have been hooked since.

We have had several tanks ranging from 65 to 120 gallon. We have been tank less for a few years and are looking to dive back in. We are looking for something smaller (for now, right?) The Red Sea Max E-170 seems like a perfect fit for us.

Anyone out there have experience with this? It seems like a great package. I like the organized system and clean lines.

Thank you in advance! Look forward to this new adventure.

Some people like the all in one type systems. I have a Red Sea 500 on my current system. I like it, though there are things I would change with the system. That is just lay of the land. I had a better skimmer so I replaced it. I'm not a fan of how the overflow system works, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work.

I agree

I don't like the overflow system to much either... Too loud... I have one as well I just replace te skimmer too because that was the one thing from my old setup that didn't catch fire / burn from a surge.

There shouldn't be any noise from the overflow. If there is, it isn't adjusted correctly. It is an odd system that uses what is basically a balloon to restrict flow by the turn of a knob on the back of the tank. It can be difficult to tune in...and it can change over time as well and need readjusted.

Back
Top Bottom