Feather duster questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raysxb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Firstly, my name is raysxb and I am from myrtle beach, sc. Im new here. Recently, I went to our LFS snd got a new feather duster. It was opening just fine at the petstore. Then I brought it home, acclimated it to my 12 gallon nano and it hasn't opened since.....

Any ideas?

How long has it been in the tank. Ive had mine for over a year and it stays in for a day or two sometimes.

Have you tested your water parameters? Check that and if they are good I'm sure it will open up soon, just give it some time to get used to the new surroundings. Welcome to the site :)

There could be a number of reasons. It may just be getting used to the new tank, usually it takes fish and inverts a while to adapt to a new tank before they show themselves. Another possibility is that the water movement in your tank is too fast. The final thing I can think of is your parameters may be out of whack. Welcome to AA!

Generally, when you have a problem in your tank, you want to post your water parameters, which will help us try and find the answer/solution to your problem.

Things could be worse it could have popped its feathers off. They do that if very stressed so maybe you are just dealing with shy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom