Feeding Neon Dottyback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a small neon dottyback in a 10 gal nano reef. I have two questions about feeding.

What are the best combo's of food to feed him, and what should I add to it, or dip it in?

I dont want to foul the water, so I would like to feed him as little as possible.

I dont know if anyone else keeps these fish, but he appears to be a VERY smart, fast little bugger.

There is an anemone in the tank and I am terrified that he is going to swim into it.....do you guys think he will be smart enough to stay away from it until I can remove it from the tank?

Not sure about the neon, but I feed my purple dottback Formula One, Formula Reef and Formula Two flake. I just alternate between the three. He seems to like it. Just feed very lightly.

Mine also stays away from my BTA.

HTH

JOhn

Mine will eat anything I put in the tank. You will probably need bigger digs soon. They seem to be swimmers...well, "darters" seems to be the better term. :)

Cool little fish.

I agree, I like mine a lot, I have kept groupers and other fish with personality, but this one seems to be constantly watching and checking everything out. Smart little guy like I said.

Back
Top Bottom