First fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77mfan20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 30 gallon reef tank. Just starting. It's all ready to go now and the water is perfect. I was told not to get any corals first. Then I narrowed it down to a clown goby or six line wrasse. Then found out clowns can be mean. So I have down to a yellow watchman goby or six line wrasse. I also dont have a top/lid/cover over the water yet. I would like some input or ideas on fish or a lid. I also have 2 nassarius and 1 margarita already in there. And a red feather duster hitchiker and a stupid bristle worm

77mfan20 said:
Have a 30 gallon reef tank. Just starting. It's all ready to go now and the water is perfect. I was told not to get any corals first. Then I narrowed it down to a clown goby or six line wrasse. Then found out clowns can be mean. So I have down to a yellow watchman goby or six line wrasse. I also dont have a top/lid/cover over the water yet. I would like some input or ideas on fish or a lid. I also have 2 nassarius and 1 margarita already in there. And a red feather duster hitchiker and a stupid bristle worm

Ive never seen a mean clownfish not sayin it dont happen but ive never seen it who said no coral? If parameters are stable you can add coral

danbstrong said:
Ive never seen a mean clownfish not sayin it dont happen but ive never seen it who said no coral? If parameters are stable you can add coral

Clown gobies are very small and no aggression whatsoever

danbstrong said:
Clown gobies are very small and no aggression whatsoever

Lol i read that wrong ha you said clown or gobie gobies are very docile i have a shrimp gobie paired with pistol shrimp pretty cool to watch

I started with a six line and just added a fire fish yesterday with no issues. The six line is cool to watch and had no trouble eating, I have heard a lid is needed with the fire fish though. I have no regrets on starting with my wrasse.

bettaowner said:
Some people say the sixline wrasse can be aggressive.

I've read the same, but not heard of any. But they kill attack and kill fairy wrasses.

Well I got a yellow watchman goby. Hes sitting in a rock. He probly won't move for a day or two. Next I'm going to probly get a six line then corals and other fish. What is a good lid to buy. I have a Coralife light that sits on top so it would have to work with it.

Back
Top Bottom