Getting a Dwarf Fuzzy to Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had my little guy for about 2 weeks an he refuses to eat frozen. I had him loose in my reef and I assume he survived off of pods as he doesn't have a sunken stomach. I currently have him in a breeder net since it's hard to spot feed him in my reef. I've been dumping mysis in his net, target feeding sand eels with tongs and even the needle and thread method but he just swims away. I fed him a guppy a few days ago which I know is bad, but I don't want him to starve. Will he eventually taste test frozen if I keep at it? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks!

I started mine on live gutloaded feeder shrimp. Then I moved to frozen small baitfish that I skewer with a clear feeding stick. Wiggle it in front of them and they take it every time. It has to be a clear plastic stick though or they ignore it.

I started mine on live gutloaded feeder shrimp. Then I moved to frozen small baitfish that I skewer with a clear feeding stick. Wiggle it in front of them and they take it every time. It has to be a clear plastic stick though or they ignore it.

Has it ever taken from regular tongs or you're still using the clear stick?

Only ever from the clear stick, I tried both plastic and metal tongs without success.

Underwater the clear stick is pretty much invisible.

Where can I find one? I know it's a stupid question and I've seen them everywhere but I just can't think straight this morning :p

My local aquarium store stocked them... But then again I'm in England matey so not much help. I reckon you could get one off eBay.

I might try those plastic clear mixing sticks for drinks. I'm sure I can find some at the dollar store or something.

Well I couldn't find the sticks so I had made an instrument from a clear rod I found at work. Unfortunately I forgot it and won't be able to try that until Saturday night. I tried with a sharpened pipette today since they are pretty clear and that didn't work either. I'm getting kind of frustrated :(

Back
Top Bottom