Getting Real Frustrated!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered my 55 gallon stand from Drs Foster and smith for my 50 gallon tank. Put it together and made sure it was level. Put the tank up and it was level. Filled half way and it was leveled. Added base rock & Filter, sand and salt. Filled up rest of the way and now IT'S NOT LEVEL. The waterline goes from right to left on a slope. On the right side its 1/8th from the trim and on the left 3/8th from the trim. Is this a huge amount I need to worry about? I really don't want to empty all this saltwater & then put it back...

Your better off to empty and fix it now and be done with it. If not eveytime you look at it, it will bother you

It really does need to be level. :( If not level, the seams with get stressed and can cause a leak down the road. Can u push a shim in there?

my tank isnt completely level i have the same issue with slope but mine is only about a 1/16 to an 1/8". IMO i would fix yours because 3/8" is quite a bit. and a shim whould be the best way to go. do u have foam under your tank?

Back
Top Bottom