Gloves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok my wife is a Nurse so When she went to work I asked her if she could bring me home some gloves as a precaution when adding my Carpet Anemone to my tank later today.. She came home with a bunch of White Powder Free Vinyl gloves.. I would think these are ok to use when handling Anemones but I am unsure and wanted to know in advance..

TIA,
James

I am thinking of buying gloves to use for my tank. What should I look for? Any particular brand is safe? Just worried of any chemicals on the glove. I don't seem to be able to find a glove that is arm length.

Are you using gloves for your protection or the livestocks? I have always just barehanded it. I make sure that they are clean and well rinsed. I like to be able to feel the corals and anemones and such as I find their place to live. Should I be using gloves?

I am using them for my protection.. I am allergic to Bees and I don't want to take any chances.. Plus my cleaner shrimp like to clean my fingers and Perculas like to bite lol.. I have seen pictures of what Carpet anemones can do so I am being 100% safe as possible lol

James

Nitrol gloves are the best but latex and vinyl are fine as well, unless you have ltex allergies. Just make sure to buy powder free gloves. The powder is usually just cornstarch but it still might foul up the water.

Those long dishwashing gloves are fine as well. Just rinse them off well first and use elastics to make them sealed or else you will end up with really heavy hands as they flood with water.

i havent heard of any probs with using them in fact i use them all the time the reason i heard alot!! of people who had very odd bacterial infections on thier hands via reef tanks im not sure if it was from thier tanks by any means but it is a possibility and its always better to be safe then sorry. good luck

Worked just fine.. I was afraid the carpet was going to stick to it and climb up my arm.. Yes I am a Wimp lol.. Actually I am just highly allergic to bees and would hate to see what a carpet anemone would do to me.. I mean I have seen pictures and they don't look like they take any mercy at all.. lol

james

Back
Top Bottom