Harlequin Tusk Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Has anyone ever kept one of these? Any comments or experience on them? Thanks

I had one for a month or so until my mean little porcupine puffer decided he didn't like it anymore and killed it :evil:

Very cool fish, they are rather hardy, mine ate about 2 hours I had it home from my LFS.

Are they really aggresive towards other fish? I am also worried if I get one it will eat/kill the cleaner wrasse. As for the tangs two didn't make it, (bad bacterial infection wiped out my angels to) the remaining 8 school nicely now. Very, Very active and cool to watch.

Mine was very docile as well. Didn't bother any of my fish including a smaller damsel.

Mine was very docile as well. Didn't bother any of my fish including a smaller damsel.

I've had several over the years. My last one was 10"+ and one day he bit my arm while I was cleaning the tank. I still have the scar 6 years later. They have teeth like an alligator, and when they bite, they don't let go. They're still among the coolest fish, and I'd get one in a heartbeat if I start another tank.

Back
Top Bottom