Help With Coral Received via FedEx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I purchased a few item from Saltwaterfish.com, Mainly I just made an order so I could purchase the Ricordea Orange Mushroom Coral.

This coral is never in stock, and I just happened to get an e-mail from them and complete my order in time to be able to purchase one,

Anyway, I received the order today, and it was leaking water upon reciept.

Once opening the package I found that all the water had leaked out of the bag with the coral in it (Figures!). I put it in the tank anyway, hoping it is still alive.

I also had 10 Blue leg hermits, but they don't ship the hermit in water, just a dry bag, which I thought to be really weird. Well, All of them died, Who would have thought right?

I must say, I am not impressed right now. LiveAquaria is MUCH better, I don't think i'll be placing another order from thease guys..

I assume If I don't see any activity with the coral in a few days, I can assume it's probably dead, and i should pull it out of the tank?

Thanks

-TheChad

You know I've not been really pleased w/ my last two orders from them, but the free shipping gets me...They have always replaced items that died, no questions asked. I've only had to actually send the animal back 1 out of 3 times. Luckily ricordias are fairly hardy, so it may have a chance. As long as you don't see tissue sloughing away, I'd hold out on it. You may want to run some GAC in the mean time to remove any nasties it may release.

I agree....those mushrooms tend to be pretty tough. I had a large one that got caught in too much current and it spun round and round until it broke away from it's self. I took it out put it in my fuge on a new rock and now it is making babies again. They are tough....Running the GAC is a very good idea!

Hopefully you`ll get you money back on what you lost. You might want to post on the retailers forum so people will see your experience.

Back
Top Bottom