how often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, i have a 125 mixed reef tank. As for fishes over last few years I have Yellow, Hippo, Kole tangs, Maroon Clown, 3 Bangai Cardinals,Midas Blenny. I feed my fishes every other day with frozen Rod's food and Mysis shrimps soaked in garlic and selcon. On off days I put some Nori for Tangs. Reading so many articles, I came to that schedule and Im sticking to it. Even though when you look on many sites selling fishes it says 1,2,3 times per day..... Recently I bought McCoskers Flasher Wrasse and again it says Wrasses needs to be feed few times a day... Its my first, newer had Wrases before.. IS that right? Do you guys have experience with them. Feeding so often will put extra nutrition. I have a lot SPS, water must be pristine.. Thanks.

fish that need to be fed more frequently have small stomachs. therefore, feed them small amounts twice a day.

i would suggest RODI, a bigger skimmer, some chaeto for the sump, and maybe even a deep sand bed? works great for me.

I just lost my wrasse unfortunately, but for the 2 years I owned him I fed every other day with nori on off days as you do. He seemed happy. I don't know why he recently stopped eating and subsequently died after 2 years.

I will be watching him closely. I think I will stick with my schedule. Every other day and Nori on Off days. Hope it will work out for him.It also should be plenty of food for him in my tank < pods, etc>. Thanks.
I feed mine every other day and their fine. McCoskers flasher, two other wrasses and some other fish.

Thanks for your input also. Your schedule is exactly like mine. Sorry for a little guy.
I just lost my wrasse unfortunately, but for the 2 years I owned him I fed every other day with nori on off days as you do. He seemed happy. I don't know why he recently stopped eating and subsequently died after 2 years.

i feed every day

they like eating and i enjoy watching them eat

i make my own food too. good stuff with lots of seafood and nori

fish often live on the verge of starving in the wild so every other day is a better arrangement then most would get in the ocean

Ok. Maybe I will try every day but cut amount in half. So what you said on the end is why so many people feed every other day, including me...
i feed every day

they like eating and i enjoy watching them eat

i make my own food too. good stuff with lots of seafood and nori

fish often live on the verge of starving in the wild so every other day is a better arrangement then most would get in the ocean

But he has his system in perfect balance. That is a big difference. My reef tank is established and I can't even get to such a level. Thankfully my fish are so fat I don't have to do so.

Back
Top Bottom