how often do you dose kalk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you may know we have recently started dosing calcium to our tank. After a few weeks of water changes and dosing turbo calcium we nailed or parameters at calcium 430ppm and alk. 11. In 4 days time they both drop to cal. 380ppm alk. 5.6 the only coral in the tank is 6 mushrooms the size of silver dollars. We have glass lids under our canopy so that we only loose about 20oz of water a week, so top off with kalk. is not very often. My question- do we need to take water out of the tank every couple of days and dose kalk. A calcium reactor is out of the question atleast until summer.

so often do you dose kalk in your tank?

My question- do we need to take water out of the tank every couple of days and dose kalk.

No if you did this, your salinity would go down and down and down until you were running a FW tank ;)

I dose Kalk every day, whenever there is a need to replace evaporation. You could encourage evaporation by removing your glass tops and/or putting a fan over the sump or blowing across the surface of the water.

Back
Top Bottom