How to build a refugium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skip_16157

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone give me some direction on how to setup a refugium? I have no clue? I have a 55 and would like to put one that hangs on the back. I do not have any room for a free standing tank below.

Thank's

my suggestion would be to look into the CPR hang ons they don't seem to be overpriced. or what i have thought about doing was placing a shelf next to my tank with a little 10 or 5.5 gallon sitting just above the tank and doing something like that.

Hi, we've got one of the CPR hang on's and they are great! Doesn't really take up a lot of room either and really easy to set it up! The hardest part is just finding a really good deal on one. :D

everyone talks of this CPR hang on. Where did you get it? Who sells them. Are they sold ready to go with pumps and is their any plumbing required?

Can you tell me how tall it is from the top of your tank. My space is limited above my tank and the dimensions on the website for these don't say how tall it is from the top of the tank to the top of the unit?

Thanks

I have thoughts of using a double strip light of NO bulbs over my future 10 gal frudge.

If that dont work then I would go with a single 36W PC blub.

I am looking at getting this hang on refug. that everyone is talking about. It looks to fit my tank perfectly. I will try using a 18" no striplight since I have a extra and is the only thing that would fit besides the one that Ameka has. If it works then I will save some cash.

How will I know if this is insufficient lighting.

thanks

does this refugium look good. It is on ebay as I was browsing. wanting to know if I bought something like this is it what I want?

Thanks

Looks like an aquafuge, by CPR. I have a hob refugium and I love it, most people that have the aquafuge are very pleased with it, it is no substitute for a full blown fuge under the tank (or over for that matter), but when that is not an option they are very nice.

Actually, that is probably the guy who makes spoofs of all of CPR Aquatic products. (in my opinion, that's wrong)

I don't know... looking at it, I'd be worried about the size of the inlet/outlet tubes.... they look a lot different than the one CPR Aquatic makes.... might cause problems with flow-rate, or stuff like that.

CPR Aquatic has those down to a science... I'd be worried about design issues from some guy doing those things in his backyard ;)

Not saying you can't... but I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom