Im using micro bacter 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fernan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My question is i put some yesterday and today I forgot that and put some more that affect my tank? I have fish only

Missing a day wont make any noticable difference. These products dont often do anything beneficial anyway.

Missing a day wont make any noticable difference. These products dont often do anything beneficial anyway.

I may dispute the second part of this statement, politely. I’ve seen/heard several reports of of this product being used to fully cycle a tank, and also help with nuisance issues like cyano bacteria and other algae.

That said, and to answer the question, no it won’t make any noticeable difference if you miss a day of dosing.

What kind of results are you getting by using this stuff. I've never heard of it but I welcome results of it so I could see whether it's useful or not.

What kind of results are you getting by using this stuff. I've never heard of it but I welcome results of it so I could see whether it's useful or not.

They haven’t said why they’re dosing but would imagine they’re trying to establish their biome with this product. MicroBacter7 is pretty good from people I’ve spoken to about it, in terms of establishing beneficial bacteria for processing not only ammonia, but also helps with processing NO3 and PO4.

And to the OP, I reread the post- I thought you had missed a day but looks like you didn’t, you doubled up. No there is no harm in this. It’s beneficial bacteria that is being dosed.

Second looks like a step up from the old fashioned way we used to do it with the shrimp. I'll have to look into this stuff.

Yes, far better than the shrimp which essentially creates nitrifying bacteria to process ammonia. There’s an entirely new conversation these days based around biome which takes this steps further and helps establish not only that bacteria, but the bacteria to process nutrients at their NO3 and PO4 states, instead of waiting several months for a tank to do this on its own.

Check out Dr Tims for cycling bacteria well.

I used the Red Sea Reef Mature kit which was a breeze to do with daily dosing and had started adding livestock after 21 days.

Second looks like a step up from the old fashioned way we used to do it with the shrimp. I'll have to look into this stuff.

In a fairly recent CORAL Magazine (July/August 2021) there is a good article on microbiomes, pages 40-48, in case you can find a copy to buy or even a digital copy. Or just get a subscription, I’ve really enjoyed their content.

Back
Top Bottom