JEBO lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtooutlaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
does anyone know where i can get that JEBO lighting set up.....4x55w. i saw em on ebay not long ago but i cant find em anymore. do they have a site or anything??

do a google search you should be able to come up with many places that sell them..

HTH,
James

I bought a JEBO protien skimmer off of e bay and was not totally satisfied but the product did work well. Make sure that the item is EXACTLY what you want before you buy it because in my case I got a in tank skimmer when I thought I was purhasing a hob. All of my directions and the box was in Chinese also but that wasnt a big deal. Good luck with the find!

I bought those exact JEBO light from eBay last Friday. I didn't really need them it was an impulse buy as there were only a few out of the 20 he had left. And $75 for 4x55w with two actinics seems like a steal. And may have been just that! I actually bought two of them. Well here it is Friday a week later and I haven't heard a word from the seller. I paid instantly via PayPal. I have tried to e-mial them several times with only an auto response. I got the # from eBay and lo-and-behold it's a FAX MACHINE. I did a lot of research on them while waiting and I have heard that for cheap lighting they aren't too bad, but the bulbs are thin and don't last too long. Personally I would wait and save money to buy a good reputable lighting system. Like CSL, JBJ, or even halides. I will let you all know how they are when and if I ever get them.

R-

FWIW, After 10 days I finally got the 2 sets of JEBOs. I have to say aside from the shipping delays and no communication, I am overall satisfied. Again, they were an impulse buy and I didn't need them but for the price:

-No fans for cooling (I knew this beforehand)
-the actinics I don't think are true 03. The bulbs just say Blue 55W
-there are no sockets. Just heatshrink in connectors strait to the bulb.
-The ballasts look pretty good. Internal.
-8 55w PCs for less than $150....

all in all I give em a 7 of 10, because os the price.

R-

I'rr prolly break em down and retro 10 55W into a canopy if I can make them fit.

I'm setting up my first tank and was considering this lighting system also. I'm new at this, so I have a few questions...

* For a system of this wattage, is the absence of a fan going to be a big problem?

* What is the major drawback if the actinic isn't actually a true actinic. More importantly, will I even visually notice a difference since I haven't had a SW tank before to compare it to?

Any other opinions on it since you have had it for awhile?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I, too, am considering purchasing this setup. One question I have is whether they would be okay to just put over the tank. Or, do I need something like a glass or acrylic cover for the tank. I would be willing to build a canopy, but would prefer not to. Thanks.

So are these Jebo Lights worth it. I just saw them on E-bay again for 79.99 4x55w It sounds like a great deal, but for most things you get what you pay for.

there are no sockets. Just heatshrink in connectors strait to the bulb.

How hard are these bubs to replace without sockets?

I'm currently just running a 10K 40 watt Coralife bulb, and this would be a great improvement. I'm trying to decide between the JEBO 4x55W for $79 or the 48" Aqualight 4x65 for $205
Any Thoughts?

The bulbs would be quite easy to replace. They are not hard wired to the bulb, just a brass connector that is covered in heat-shrink connected to each pin. One set I bought is still in the box, they one in use is still being used and working quite well. It does run a little warmer that others I have had, but nothing to worry about. I don't know anything about the aqualight, but if your funding isn't an option I would suggest something higher quality like I mentioned above, or even metal halides if you can go that route. (This also depends of what type of tank you wish to run and what you want in it). But if you are on a budget I suppose they are worth the purchase. While i haven't had any problems at all out of them, just remember, you get what you pay for.

FWIW, I'll prolly buy sockets for them and retro fit them into a hood for another tank. But the silver cover does look nice.

R-

Back
Top Bottom