kamikaze anemone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello first of all i have had a tank for a little bit over a month now 75 gal a friend a while ago gave me 2 condy anemones and some fish and they all seem happy but one seems to move all the time and its usually getting suck in the power head but the other one since it picked his spot hasn't moved what so ever why is that happening and how can i prevent it, i already have some filter media but somehow he keeps on getting stuck???????? thanks for your guys help

What kind of lighting do you have? Most likely it is moving to find better light. If you don't have the lighting to support them, it will most likely keep moving and get sucked into the powerhead until you get better lighting.

I agree with thominil, where is the one that does not move located?

well i have t5 ho 8x54 thats what i have and also have 2 regular fluorescent of 42 w and the one that doesn't move its on the side of the rock right under the fluorescents

Abe, I guess you will just have to keep your eyes on it and hope it settles down in a good spot.

Corals yes! An Anemone is NOT a coral. Please do not attempt to glue this animal down to anything. You will kill it.

As TC said you cannot glue an anenome down it will rip his foot and after he does that there is no hope. Also one thing I want to stress esp. to others that might see this. Anenomes need to be in a very mature tank of at least 9-12 months. Also just because a friend goes ahead and buys them doesnt mean they have to go in the tank. Many a person has let their family and friends buy stuff that should not go in their tank and feel obligated to put it in the tank. IMO do your research and turn down request to put something in the tank until you know what the deal is. It`s your tank and your tankmates. You are responsible not them. JMO

Back
Top Bottom