light distance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeferman420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I built a small frag rack that clips on top of my tank it sits about 8 in deep into the tank. I've only got three sps frags on it right now. I'm using two bulb t5 actinic and daylight as well as fluval led bar to boost light. So my question is how close is too close. My lamps sit about three in from the top. So in total the frags are about 11 in away from the lights. Don't wanna burn anything! Also my tanks is a 35gal hex. Thanks

I built a small frag rack that clips on top of my tank it sits about 8 in deep into the tank. I've only got three sps frags on it right now. I'm using two bulb t5 actinic and daylight as well as fluval led bar to boost light. So my question is how close is too close. My lamps sit about three in from the top. So in total the frags are about 11 in away from the lights. Don't wanna burn anything! Also my tanks is a 35gal hex. Thanks

This really depends on the amount of light they were exposed to before you put them in your tank. With T5s, I do not think you can burn a SPS. what kinds of SPS are they?

They have been under same lights for months. I fragged them from my tank. They are a variety or birdbest and acropora.thanks

They should be fine, more light provides more growth. T5 is not that strong to burn SPS corals.

Back
Top Bottom