LiveRock Positioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I wanted to take a survey of how people set there LR up. Do you guys tend to leave space behind the tank for fish to swim or do you keep the LR as far back as possible?

I leave space so that the fish can swim in and out of the arches...and if I had the luxury of putting the fish tank in the wall, which I eventually want to do, I would add corals on the other side as well. Being that no one can see back there, all the corals are on one side.

In the midle of the tank.

I don't have enything within 1.5 inches of the glass for cleaning reasons. But that is because my tank is in the middle of the room and i can see al four sides.

I was allways told to place rock tight together as possable. To help so there is not dead spot in water motion.

Dewey

In my tank, the live rock is against the back glass and is pretty much solid all the way until about 2" from the front glass. A powerhead is under it circulating the water through the rocks.

Mine leans against the back wall. The fish can still go back there to hide and sleep though. I just left space for my cleaning magnet on the sides. Of course, there's plenty of sand out front. That's their rec room space. 8)

I have my rock positioned in a bow. It touches the mega-flow chambers on my 120 for support. In the middle however there is a good 6 inches of space.

I've only got 7 chromis but they do swim in and around the rocks when I'm working around the tank.

I don't have a top down view but that should give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
041223.JPG

I have a 60 and most of my rock is against the back of the glass. but there's enough room even for my Power Blue to get back there...

Back
Top Bottom