LR Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powderbluetang

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all is there any tip you can give me on cureing live rock. i already have the basics but whould just like some tips to get more coral and things off my rock.

some tips to get more coral and things off my rock

When you say the word 'OFF' what do you mean?

Aside from the article that I linked to you in another topic about the only thing I do in addition is use a med bristle nylon brush and scrub areas of obvous decay/dieoff. THen rinse in saltwater a few times and place back into the curing vessle.

i mean to get more coral to grow off of it. this will be my first time curing live rock and i want the most free "stuff" off of my live rock as possible

Curing the LR is easy. Check out the article on this site for info. The main benefit of LF is as biological filtration, everything else is like a bonus. What you actuall see growing on your LR will greatly depend on the lighting system you have on your tank. You do not need light to cure the rock and the benifial bacteria do not require it. However, once in the tank good lighting will be required to cultivate the growth of coraline algea and whater "goodies" happened to come in on your LR. Good luck...Lando

what is a good site that i can get good lr loaded with "goddies" 8) please insert the site ty the powderbluetang not dorie!!! lol

i dont want "cured" i am trying to save money by not paying for them to cure it and so i can cure it myself. and i have heard rumors about makeing your own rock is this true?

It dont mater if its cured or not cause you will need to cure it when you get it shipped anyway.

Back
Top Bottom