Macro Algae Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know a good macro algae (non calurpa) that is a good nutrient export? I currently have some fern and grape calurpa in my fuge, however I am starting to view the grape as more of a liability than an asset to the tank and would like to find something on the "safer" side.

Maybe try a different variety of grape? The variety in my tank has a very thick stalk and large "grapes", tends to grow in the open with a few roots in the sand or neighboring rocks. Very easy to harvest - the easiest I've found. I have seen more delicate varieties that may not be as friendly. I had the same experience with feather caulerpa that took over my tank and was extremely difficult to harvest. I had to use tweezers and remove each delicate strand.

I love my Spagetti algae. You dont have to worry about it going asexual, although I have never had my grape go asexual. The PODS love the spagetti and are multiplying like crazy. It looks like a brillo pad

Back
Top Bottom