Mag 700 pump makes noisy Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got the Mag 700 pump, works great but cannot accept the noise level. Any suggestion or replacement? I have a AGA 75G and 20G home-make sump. Thanks

Did it come with the suction cups for the feet? They seem to work on my pumps.
I have a Via Aqua 4900 and 2 - 3300 and the are very nice pumps and quite.
The mag drive pumps my friends have are real quite.... May be you got a lemon can u send it back.... I had a pump that made a lot of noise and I took it back and they gave me a new one

thanks for the quick reply. The LFS claimed no return after the pump is wet. It does not come with suction cups. I tried to lift it up a little bit so it has no contact with any objects. it is still very noisy.

I have a mag 7 in my sump and it is not what I call loud. Loudest part would be if it is sitting on glass or acrylic and is vibrating. Put a filter pad under in and see if it helps. Mine sits in my acrylic sump with no noise.

If that does not do it, you can take it apart and see if something is caught in the impeller chamber.

That sucks the LFS would not help.... That would be the last pump I got from him. Sounds like a internal problem if it still makes noise when lifted... Did you take it apart yet?

I have a mag7, and I really cant hear it at all. I really havent even thought about it. How deep is your sump?

The water level is about 6 inches deep. I talked to the LFS and got the store credit back. I am thinking to order a "Quiet One" pump from Petsmart.com. At least if I don't like it, I can return it with no question asked. Anyone has experience with the "Quiet One 3000" pump.

wlam18 - yes, i have it now running on my tank VERY quiet compared to the others. i had a little giant and returned it. TOO loud. Think you'll like the quiet one

Jim

Back
Top Bottom