maroon mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhart032

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can mushrooms be transplanted? i have a ton and i mean a ton of maroon mushrooms all over the place. i would like to move them to one or two places. so when its time to add other things i wont have to worry about these mushrooms.
Thanks

I think a better question would be how do I get rid of a mushroom!! You can just scrape them off of the rock, cut them into quarters, or halves, they have ALWAYS quickly grown back into fully shaped 'schrooms. I even heard of throwing a couple in a blender with tank water and pouring the soup back into the tank. Supposedly the small bits will anchor and regrow.

When I fragged mine. I tried to keep at least a small piece or the "eye" on each frag but even the pieces that didn't get a piece of the center regrew!!

Moral is...scrape them off and tie them down in their new home. The tissue that remains where you scraped them off will grow a new mushroom as well. This way, if you put anything next to it that the mushroom doesn't like, you have the "original" in its new location!!

Mushrooms are FUN to experiment with!!

Dont get rid of them. LFS will give you something for them and resell them. When the rock gets full some will let go and float around till they find a less populated area. You can try to gently scrape them off the rock and gently with fish line tie it down to some LR and it should attach within a few days.

Back
Top Bottom