Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just plan to epoxy the really tall island I'm Gunna have for my Lps. You don't have to have it but it's good to have if your rocks don't fit quite right in one spot.

coffeetwitch said:
for what its worth, i havent glued or epoxied any of my rock. i move things around too much for that.

+1. Plus my rock is too big/heavy. I have a 54lb rock. I can barely lift it out- let alone with more on it

i wiggle test. most times the rocks link or lock together. this is why im interested in the reef saver rock hes getting from brs.

my star didnt move the rock. i hear turbo snails are bulldozers in a tank. i dont have any but it would be interesting to see how me not gluing would hold up to one.

I'm still debating the mandarin. My lfs dude said that they WILL eat prepared. If I do ever get it I'm going to watch it eat before I buy. Either way I think I'm going to get a pod population established. Any links/suggestions?

I'm still debating the mandarin. My lfs dude said that they WILL eat prepared. If I do ever get it I'm going to watch it eat before I buy. Either way I think I'm going to get a pod population established. Any links/suggestions?

Very smart. I heard even if they are eating prepared, they can revert back to pods only at any time.

redsea said:
Very smart. I heard even if they are eating prepared, they can revert back to pods only at any time.

Yeah I've heard the same. I'll make sure to have a hefty pod population as back up. If worse comes to worse and you pods can't keep up can you just sees every few weeks? Or is that expensive?

My ora mandarin was supposedly raised on pellets. When I got her home she didnt want anything to do with them. Luckily I had enough pods to tide her over while she adjusted to frozen food.

carey said:
My ora mandarin was supposedly raised on pellets. When I got her home she didnt want anything to do with them. Luckily I had enough pods to tide her over while she adjusted to frozen food.

Yeah I plan to just blast frozen food at it. Will it eat pellet?

I havent seen mine eat any pellets, but I don't feed pellets much anyways. I started off with really small frozen foods like cyclopeeze, baby brine shrimp adn plankton. It took several weeks for her to eat them all, now she eats every frozen food I put in. Specially likes bloodworms. lol

Awesome!!!! I guess I'll do frozen every other day.

On a side note, yesterday at the lfs he gave a demo of him feeding a wild caught mandarin frozen. It was in a 300 gallon sps reef(wow) and when he walked past the tank with the feeding cup, literally every fish in the tank followed him whenever he walked by. It was the coolest thing ever.

SwimsWithFish said:

Wild caught you have to work to get to eat prepared. ORA are a little more expensive- but eat prepared right off the bat.

Jlsardina said:
Wild caught you have to work to get to eat prepared. ORA are a little more expensive- but eat prepared right off the bat.

Yeah I'll get an Ora if I get the mandarin... Is yours an ORA?

Quick question about pwc... Does the water you make for pwc have to have the exact same specific gravity of the dt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom