Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 5 mangroves growing in my cube's fuge. :) It's taken months and months but they are finally budding and I have the led light running opposite my main lights. I have a timer set for the leds so it runs over night and hopefully is helping keep the Ph stable.

carey said:
I have 5 mangroves growing in my cube's fuge. :) It's taken months and months but they are finally budding and I have the led light running opposite my main lights. I have a timer set for the leds so it runs over night and hopefully is helping keep the Ph stable.

So what exactly is ph and why is it so important?

Also, in the media basket I'll run chemi pure and carbon and ill have some poly fill on top for mechanical filtration.

Yep, I run the chemi pure elite in my media basket and I run purigen instead of the carbon. The filter floss is a great invention I swear, helps keep my water nice and clear.

My six line is extremely active. Never stops. He loves darting in and out of the rocks. I have seen him go through hole I never would have imagined he could fit through.

rdnelson99 said:
My six line is extremely active. Never stops. He loves darting in and out of the rocks. I have seen him go through hole I never would have imagined he could fit through.

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. Would it get along with a clown, a bangaii, a jaw fish, and a royal gramma?

Just saw a picture of an orange throat pikeblenny On LA. Omg. Wow. Since I can stay settled on a stock list I'm going to throw out a few ideas and you guys choose the best one...

List A:
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 orange throat pikeblenny
1 yellow head jaw fish

List B:
2 occelaris clowns
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 goby(pink spot or yellow watchman)

List C
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 yellow watchman goby

List D
1 ocellaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 yellow head jawfish
1 goby
(too much?)

Sorry.:)
I love list D but 6 fish....:/

Woohoo I got myself a profile pic!:)

And a nice one at that. LOL

I don't know about the others but mine has never bothered my clowns, Kole Tang, Blue/Green Chromis, Diamond Watchman Goby or my Fire Shrimp. But then maybe he is just laid back like me. :-0

rdnelson99 said:

I don't know about the others but mine has never bothered my clowns, Kole Tang, Blue/Green Chromis, Diamond Watchman Goby or my Fire Shrimp. But then maybe he is just laid back like me. :-0

Thanks! I'll have to look into it. I love your signature btw....

rdnelson99 said:

Which pic did you like? I changed it like ten times in the last 5 minutes now that I figured out how...:D

Cool! It was taken this past summer in the great barrier reef. It was breathtaking. 90% of the reasonn I wanted a SW tank.

SleepsWithFish said:
Cool! It was taken this past summer in the great barrier reef. It was breathtaking. 90% of the reasonn I wanted a SW tank.

Wish I could do that someday.. Don't think I'll get the chance for a while though :/

needmorecowbell said:
Wish I could do that someday.. Don't think I'll get the chance for a while though :/

I went on a program called people to people student ambassadors. I was lucky enough to get picked to go. Australia is a really nice place. There really into keeping the ocean clean and environmental stuff.

Wow that is lucky, and I just don't think my parents will let me. Plus, I don't live coastal and even if i did live in jersey or oc Maryland, it's not very good for the scuba diving I would like to do.

needmorecowbell said:
Wow that is lucky, and I just don't think my parents will let me. Plus, I don't live coastal and even if i did live in jersey or oc Maryland, it's not very good for the scuba diving I would like to do.

Oh. Neither am I I'm in Texas:/

Alright I'm officially sold on the in tank media basket and refugium. I'm going to ask for the combo pack with the basket fuge and fish saver.!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom