Moving Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,

I have a Blue Tang I'm wanting to move from one tank to another. Is QT needed?

I've learnt alot this past year and have decided to move my Blue Tang from my 75 to my 100, it'll appreciate it more.

Im a little scared though, it eats anything.. I dont wanna risk my $180 cleaner shrimp 8O

Do i need QT or should it be okay. Both tanks have been running for yonks..!

Cheers!

$180 cleaner shrimp 8O 8O maybe it would be safer in the 75?

Im inclinded to say QT but.. you QT to make sure the fish is heathy and you already know it is.. Im intrested in the responces you get.. Good Luck (y)

Yeah thats what I'm thinking..a very healthy fish, no QT.. $360 worth of shrimp for lunch.. or maybe because its never seen them before he may take advantage of their services..Im contemplating..

Advisors what shall I do..? QT or not..?

WOW, I have 1 cleaner, 1 pistol, 1 peppermint, and 2 sexxys. I probably paid under 50 for all of them. You should try ordering online, that is WAY to much for these animals.

I`m not an advisor bot I say you should not have to acclimate it because you know he`s healthy and not carrying ich. QT is because you dont really dont know what the fish has. He will be OK in the other tank with the shrimp. I know you say he eats anything but he`s a herbivore and I think they will be OK.

cool thats what im thinking...but im unsure with the shrimp.. do u really think he'll use them and not eat them?

WOW, I have 1 cleaner, 1 pistol, 1 peppermint, and 2 sexxys. I probably paid under 50 for all of them. You should try ordering online, that is WAY to much for these animals.

i live in australia.. i cannot order live aquaria from the US..

If he does mess with them he would be the first I ve ever seen that messed with a shrimp

Back
Top Bottom