New Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noone

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well spring break is finally here (Yay!) and I finally have the time to give my tank some much needed attention. In addition to some routine maintenance, I am long overdue for some new light bulbs for my 12 Gal Nano Cube. Since I know absolutely nothing about lighting, I have a few questions.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand to purchase?

I was thinking about these. Would these be a good choice? Also, would I want to get 2 50/50s, 1 50/50 & 1 10000k, or both 10000k?

Thanks!

Those were the most recognizable brand name on there. I have heard of the others, but I am not so sure of their quality. Any Ideas on which bulb combination I should get?

What all do you have in the tank? If you have coral in the tank then a combo of 10K and 50/50 would be good. The 10k will promote coral growth and the 50/50 will make everything look nice....

Nope. No corals. Would the 10k still be a good idea? Will it help with coraline growth?

10k and 50/50 is a great combo for growth and beauty. Its what I have and has worked well. With this you could get corals in the future.

The original bulbs that came with the tank. I believe that they are both 50/50.

Personally I like the look of 10 k and actinic best. 50/50's alone are a little too blue, and IMO don't give the same "pop" to corals/fish a true actinic does. 10k, w/ an actinic, evens out the blue, giving a nice overall appearance.

Back
Top Bottom