New corals!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My giant cup shroom ate my cleaner shrimp, poor little guy. My tank is finally looking like a reef after a year and a half. I also got a yellow tang, not too big, maybe 2 inches. He was really shy for a few days, but now he's been coming out. I felt bad for a powder blue I saw at a LFS today. They keep it in a small tank with no hiding places. I would have got one, but I only have a 55.

DSB, LR, Aqua-c remora skimmer, IO salt mix, distilled water. I had a emperor 400 on there with carbon only, but my tank does better since I took it off. I am now fighting ich, because my yellow tang had it when I put him in. My black sebae and black occelaris clowns got it, now there in a 10 gal QT with coppersafe. I just put them in there last night but they are already looking good. Does anyone have any advice when using coppersafe?

How can your tank look better without the carbon in there?

Carbon is meant to make the water better, not worse :p Unless you were overdosing?

Maybe I wasn't changing the carbon enough. But since I took the carbon out, no more brown hair algae is growing on my LR. That was the only change I made and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom