New Readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Gross

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I have some new readings...it may be too early...since the last readings were taken...(??),,but being as how I can't recall exactly WHEN the last ones were taken...I did it again today...and dated this reading so I can keep better tract.(yes ??)
Any how...the GOOD news is that the ammonia level is 0 !! all of the other levels have changed....here they are...no3=80...no2=5...ph=7.5...kh=180...gh=180.

The previous readings...(for comparison purposes) > no3=0-20..no=3..ph=8.0..kh=240...gh=180...

Are you having some problems. What triggered you to initiate taking readings. What treatment are you doing.

Steve
what inititated taking readings was due to me taking possesion of a 100gal which had been so neglected that everything inside was/is dead except the two clowns...and a small blue fish.
I could only keep a small portion of the origional h2o becuse it was so dark and waste ridden.
So @ this point its been reassembled and approx.75-80 gallons of new h2o made....and has been cycling ever since.(the fish are inna 10gal temporarily...while I learn about making this thing work properly.)(as you could probably guess....this is my 1st salty.)
It is my somewhat educated guess that the former owner never did do all of the in depth testing that is required to pristinely run one of these things.He bought and lost 3 eneminies...numerous fish.....crabbs etc throughout the 3=4 years which he owned it.
(so....in short steve I'm trying to salvage what was once a beautuful thing)

Harry dont worry about the PH while the tank is cycling. It will bounce all around. Wait for your Ammonia and nitrites to go to 0 and then do a 33% PWC to lower the nitrates and then we will worry about the PH as the tank stabilizes. I believe it`s entering the final stages of the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom