Next fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sup guys?Its been a while.

Heres the tank:I promise it does not glow in the dark,its just the way my cheap camera makes it look.

skimmer046it7.jpg

skimmer055we5.jpg

All is well...I think the only thing I've added over the last month or so is a Chocolate chip star fish.Cool fella too.Very active for a slow moving creature.

Total population:Yellow tang,Kole tang (yellow eye) and one clown fish.
1 cleaner shrimp,1 chocolate star,ten or so crabs and about the same for snails.

I've been moving slow as far as population goes,but I'm iching to get another fish.I asked for suggestions once before and thats how I decided on the kole(Cool fish).

So what next?

I would like to add a flame angel last and eventually some coral,so keep that in mind.

Help me decide....I'll be ordering something this week or next.This thread will likely determine what that something is...

Thanks all.

What about a small school of Chromis?

About the chocolate chip starfish, they are not reef safe. The Flame angel is also a coral nipper (although there are the few rares ones that don't bother corals...yet). I'd remove these guys before you add coral, or keep the tank as a FOWLR tank.

HTH

If you have intentions of coral, I would skip the flame and remove the CC star. Neither of which are reef safe. You do have lots of options however, serpent stars are reef safe, royal gramma, purple firefish, sixline wrasse or shimp gobies are good fish options.

I totally agree if you want corals you`ll need to forget the CC star for sure and most likely the angel. As far as a suggestion how about a pink spotted Goby or another type goby. They are always good additions. Here is a pic of my pink spotted goby.

img_745007_0_cf20341d8247f24f16c2280d9b5ec597.jpg

Heck.Should have checked in before getting Chip.

The wife loves the guy.

Perhaps it will be FOWLR.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...keep em coming...

EDIT..If I stay away from coral..does it open up my fish selection quite a bit?

Yes it will open up quite a bit. You`d be able to get the angels and butterfly fish. Also do you have a sump you can put him in and maybe get a licknia star to replace him.

If that is CC substrate, I would be careful on the shrimp goby, it could hatm him.

Back
Top Bottom