Not Skimming at the moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey eveyone.

Yesterday my skimmer went nuts on me and as it turns out the ceramic shaft broke and was shot into the skimmer body. Needless to say I don't have a good back up skimmer so I'm using a tiny little thing right now. I've ordered a replacement shaft (2 actually) but they wont be here until later this week.

Have any of you had to run your system without a skimmer for an extended period of time? If so what did you do? I'm mixing new SW right now but it wont be ready until tomorrow. I plan on doing a large PWC and maybe a second one later in the week depending on when the shafts get here.

Any suggestions would be great. Am I getting worked up for nothing? I know there are a lot of folks that don't skim at all.

Thanks.

I never run a skimmer, and have had no issues whatsoever. But, that's probably because I don't have a SW tank.

No, there's no real point to this post. :)

I wouldn't sweat if for a week or less.

But, I won't be ordering any more corals from you for a month now :p

Btw, they are doing great!

I don't run a skimmer. I think you are on track with the extra PWCs.

I should have my 2 new shafts in a day or two. I'm going to do the major water change and be ready for another.

Back
Top Bottom