Nuisance aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys does anbody out there know of any other way of getting rid of these little bugers i know of treatments like lemon and chemical warfare on them lemon shrimp and so on filefish etc any ideas

20 gallon tank
10 kilos lr
1 sulphor goby
5 hermit crabs
4 snails

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

We bought peppermint shrimp and they took care of all of ours. We didnt have any bigger ones though only smaller ones. Hermit crabs can also eat them unfortunately they are usually happy enough with the leftover food on the bottom and the algae on lr, butterfly fish usually eat them too but your tank seems quite small for 1 of them. You can inject them with a calcium solution or Kalkwasser additive. I personally would try a peppermint shrimp, I like to stay away from any chemicals if at all possible.

If you can remove the rock you can burn them off with a lighter.

Seriously?? I've never heard of that anywhere before, I will have to try that next time lol. Hey I guess you never know!! Thats the reason we joined here to learn some new tricks!!!

Yea dont like chemical treatments myself wil pick a few peppermint shrimps and give them a go cheers ...

Just remember to turn off any current for about 10 minutes if you do try to use something like lemon juice. I did not clue into this when i first tried killing some off and i couldn't figure out why they would always come back within a week.

I purchased 3 Berghia Nudi's it seemed like it took forever and then one day I couldn't find an aptasia anywhere in my tank and still see one of the Berghia once in a while

What! Are they crabs ....

Back
Top Bottom