Ocean Water Novice Question - reef aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ctb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok - I have the most spoiled fish in the world - they have been getting mixed Poland Springs water for the past year plus because my fish would die whenever i used boston tap water in the mix. The tank has been very stable since the switch.
It then dawned on me that I live right next to the ocean - any reason I can not just fill up from there? Also, has anyone tried Britta filtered water instead of straight tap for their tanks (I just got one of those tap attachments and debate trying that instead of PS's)? The Poland Springs 2.5 gallon containers keep breaking on me when I try to store for over a month and I need 10 gallons every changing so a real pain. - Thanks

Why not just get an ro/di unit? If your running a reef you should really be using ro/di anyway. I wouldn't collect from the ocean unless you go a couple miles offshore, the water around the shore are always the dirtiest and who knows what you could introduce to the tank.

ro/di unit? I am using the Eheim 2215 filter system???

Back
Top Bottom