Odd Fish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kart_racer3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have noticed an odd behavior for my two tomato clowns that I bought from a local pet store and have owned for about one week. They were introduced into my 90 gallon system that had been cycling for about one month now. My lighting system has 4 blue LEDs that illuminate the water in the evening, and when I observe them in the light of the LEDs they are always attempting to swim (possibly levitate) vertically (nose down) in one particular corner. The only thing special about this corner is that it is where water re-enters the tank and where the exit over flow is. It seems that this is where the water movement may be at a minimum. I have 2 other fish in the tank (blue tetras?) that don't display this behavior. Do you know if this is normal? Also, all pH, alkalinity, nitrate, nitrite readings etc are normal.

Thanks.

my clownfish often look odd as they attempt to hover stationary in one spot, with a slight bobbing up and down in the current. I think they are resting, the corner they have chosen probably looks safe, my clowns dont attempt to shelter in the rocks at night, they stay out riding the currents, i think it is acceptable behaviour for clownfish, and completely normal.

Back
Top Bottom