plants? (algae)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a bushy tree from petco the other week and the thing died. It literally looked like it calcified and just broke over in half.

I turned off my phos reactor when putting it in (along with some chaeto) so all the nutrients they may want wouldnt get phos'd out and the cheato still looks good though its not really growing much, so can someone tell me what might have also went wrong. I know my light should be fine and I have plenty of experience with freshwater planted tanks. I wouldnt dare start using ferts in my marine tank. Id like to get another tree but not before I realize the problem as this and my cheato are the ONLY 2 things my tang wont eat.

How was it acclimated to the tank? It sounds like it somehow went sexual and dumped all the nutrients into the water column...though I'm not sure what a busy tree is.

Shaving brush. Don't know where I got bushy tree.
That stinks but there was no clouding in the tank

Was it drip acclimated? I've never tried to work with one of those macros before.

yes. I thought about the asexual thing but it really seemed like a nutrient issue the way it just started going white and then fell over. I was running the phos reactor and have a good skimmer (now) so Im sure there were minimal nutrients aside what I give my corals in salt and fuel.

Back
Top Bottom