power compacts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
i wanna get the coralife aqualights and was wodnering if 24 inch hood is big enough for a 30 in tank, since the next size up is 36 inches which is too long, and if the 24 inch is right then how would i mount it without a canopy?thnaks

Current USA makes a 30" 2x65. That's what I have on my 37gal, but I'm contemplating getting a 36" 2x96 to replace it. The 65w bulbs are only ~22" long, so you have 3-4 inches at the sides of the tank without light directly above. It's not real noticeable to the eye, but I want to try and get better overall coverage for future invert life. I can live with the lighting overhanging the sides of the tank.

The coralife 30" fixture has the bulbs slightly stagered to help with the short bulb problem. I would stick with a coralife as they have a great warranty and in my experiance a great track record for performance!

I agree with captive, Coralife fixtures are awesome, and they do make a 2x65w 30" hood, with 1 actinic and 1 10,000K bulb inside.

Back
Top Bottom