Power Outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know to those on the east coast you will laugh when you read this but......

Just got word the power company has a scheduled outage affecting my neighborhood next Tuesday. They anticipate a 2 hour outage. I have a 45 Gal with a canister filter. 2 clowns, one 6 line wrasse, 3 blue/green chromis and one kole yellow eyed tang.

Seems to me that I should be fine for 2 hours without worrying to much correct? Or, do you think I need to get a batter powered aerator to be safe?

I would think it would be ok, but an aerator can't hurt!

I am leaning that way. May have to pick one up this weekend. Could start it at 6:30 AM before leaving for work and it should last until the power comes back on. It is supposed to be out between 9:00 and 11:00.

rdnelson99 said:
I know to those on the east coast you will laugh when you read this but......

Just got word the power company has a scheduled outage affecting my neighborhood next Tuesday. They anticipate a 2 hour outage. I have a 45 Gal with a canister filter. 2 clowns, one 6 line wrasse, 3 blue/green chromis and one kole yellow eyed tang.

Seems to me that I should be fine for 2 hours without worrying to much correct? Or, do you think I need to get a batter powered aerator to be safe?

Two hours won't be a problem.You might want to change your power heads flow towards the surface a little more before the outage to increase your oxygen level in the tank.

I have a battery powered aerator. It's used to keep minnows alive for fishing.....you could probably find one easily in a fishing supply store.......it keep my tank going for DAYS!! I'm in NY :) we were out for 9 days straight

Back
Top Bottom