Puffer fish eating my clownfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puffers and clowns do not go together.. The only fish that the puffer will not eat are the ones he cannot fit in his mouth.. Check on www.liveaquaria.com at the compatibility list.. That might help you a bit..

HTH,
James

I have a dog puffer and percula clown that have been in a 38 gal tank since 1997. They are doing well. The clown is actually pretty assertive. When I feed he is the first one up. Once the puffer figures out what is going on he will go after the food at that point. If he feels the clown got too big a piece, he will take it away but this rarely happens.

I had a porcupine puffer in college with clowns and damsels too. It is possible for the to get along ...

BTW, on liveaquaria it says that clownfish and puffers are compatible. It says that puffers are not compatible with other puffers and I have heard that is possible as well. go figure ...

I have figure 8s in with my clowns. They don't get that big and they still have the coolest little personalities like the bigger ones. They are messy little pigs. Some people told me that they may not do well in a saltwater, some say they are brackish, I've even heard freshwater...But my guys are happy. I have two and they get along great!! :wink: :wink:

yeah my puffer ate my clowns. The one guy at the LFS that owns the store and has like 5 saltwater tanks says the clowns could go together. But the one guy told me that he could've told me the puffer was gonna eat them. So I guess we'll knix the clownfish idea. My puffer is just too agressive.

Back
Top Bottom