pulsing xenia 'shriveling' after iodine was added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrsfuller2572

Aquarium Advice Activist
subject says it all. Any ideas? Iodine was added from the pre-measured vile last night about 9:30pm. This morning, xenias were barely pulsing and their 'trunks' are more than 1/2 of their normal size.
On a side note, the tank reached over 85 degrees yesterday. I have it cooled to 80 this afternoon. Could the temp. drop over the last 16 hours cause them to react this way? Will he be okay?

Do you have a test kit for Iodine? Typical rule is not to dose anything you can't measure later. The iodine levels would be a good thing to know. Your lfs may have a kit to test.

LFS tests for me each wek. I am taking a sample in tomorrow for them to test. It tested fine last Monday and when I asked her about helping the green star polyp who didn't seem to b e growing at all, she said I could add iodine to give it, and other things of the like a boost. I left the store forgetting to get any and returned yesterday, bought the vials, and came home and put it in. Would a partial water change tomorrow help it, IF it is in fact the iodine making it sick? Is it too late?

Back
Top Bottom