Question on Best Brand Foods and Feeding a Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lasek2k1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering whats the best brand for each type of food- dry, pellets, live, ect. My final stocking list include all omni fish so I am going to feed them a little of everything.

And for my second question. Yesterday I added a Blue/Green Chromis to my tank. I tried to feed him but nothing seems to work. I am currently using Hikari Marine-S (labeled for smaller fish). He won't go for it. This morning I put in about 5 little pellets and the filter and powerhead blew them to the ground and he didn't pick them up. Then earlier I turned the equipment off and let the food float (I knew he probably wasn't going to swim to the surface to eat but I wanted to try) and he didn't eat. I'm not sure if he needs more time to adjust to the tank, or am I using the right food or whatever. I just want him to start eating.

TIA

I wouldn't worry that a fish just intro'd to your tank isn't ready to eat. That can sometimes take a few days. I find that flake food works best for new fish because it affords them a little more time to get to the food before it falls to the bottom (pellets sink WAY too fast). Keep trying every couple of days. Once he settles in he'll eat readily. My fish in QT usually like their privacy when they're eating and won't eat with me watching. You may try peering from around a corner to see him eat once the flake is floating on the surface. I also found that with my damsels in the beginning I had to break the flake up to almost dust to make it easier for them to eat.

Good luck. Try not to worry. They're generally pretty hardy fish.

Back
Top Bottom