Random musings and questions... Mostly relating to pods.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I want better tests eventually anyway. But for the moment, coral life is all doing pretty well in my tank. Brought that Galaxea back from the brink of death, Blasto has a new head, Torch is splitting, Monti cap has grown surprisingly fast, and my Duncan has started two new heads.
What is the best brand in your experience, X?

As far as calcium tests I say salifert is good. It is a bit a long testing process but accurate none the less.

Just add my experience with my mandarin. Tank is 5 years old. I tried one 3 years ago with no refugium and no sump. He never ate frozen and destroyed my pod population in 3 months. Only lived for 5 months. My current setup has refugium and sump and ton of pods. I have had my new Mandy for just about a year now. He is fat eats frozen and still takes pot shots at pods all day long. I feel lucky and hope he continues to eat frozen. I have even seen him peck at flakes.

MacDracor said:
That's really great! Did you do anything special to get him to eat prepared foods?

I used the mandarin diner as seen on melevs reef website. I used a glass jar that only the mandarin can fit it and put few small pieces of rock rubble in and squirted some food in. It took 2 weeks for him to go in. Then he had all the food he can eat. He first ate mysis and bloodworms are now his favorite food. No need for the glass bottle anymore although he always goes to the same corner to eat. I can actually hear him suck Inge food from outside the tank. Amazing power he possesses with his mouth.

Well, I want better tests eventually anyway. But for the moment, coral life is all doing pretty well in my tank. Brought that Galaxea back from the brink of death, Blasto has a new head, Torch is splitting, Monti cap has grown surprisingly fast, and my Duncan has started two new heads.
What is the best brand in your experience, X?
I like Salifert too. Either that or Elos.

Back
Top Bottom