RO/DI water filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greggsvt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best bang for the buck RO/DI filter on the market now? How much$$ and where to purchase it? I've never used this type of filter before and was wondering how often do you need to replace the filters? I know they are pretty pricey and if I have to change them every week or so I might not purchase one. Do they really make that big of a difference in the tank? Will it help in my fight against red slime algae? Opinions are appreciated!!!!

ro/di best water there is for your tank that we can get. filter replacement all depends on how bad your water is. If you have a lot of metals, nutrients in your water the di unit will burn up fast, you may be able to make 200-400 gals of water before you need to replace the DI unit. The carbon, micron filter last longer. My buddy has a TDS reading on his tap water at 700ppm and he burns through DI's fast. My TDS is around 180 so mine last longer. There is no set number of months anyone can tell with out knowing what is in your water.
IMO worth every penny...... SW is not a cheap hobby if you want to do it right. Your fish will thank you for it
TDS total disolved solids.=== crap in water... some good some bad..

Back
Top Bottom