RowaPhos use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shultz

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK time for another question!

I've tested my PO4 today for the first time & on the salifert kit its coming out at 3 (v.bad) So I presume the best way to reduce this is RowaPhos, the trouble is I have nowhere to put it? (no rude suggestions please)

I just have a skimmer & LR for filtration & I have GAC in the media basket of the skimmer. From the limited info I can get from thier site it comes with a bag you can put it in, but in a high flow area which in my case would be a PH, but I don't want that floating about in my tank spoiling the view?

Is there some other way I can use it, or maybe running it 2 weeks in the media basket of the skimmer & then 2 weeks of the GAC?

Sorry for all these questions!

Cheers Shelton.

That's pretty high!

I would ditch the carbon for now and run the Rowaphos exclusively.

What you need to do is find out where all that phosphate is coming from. Test your water source. If that isn't the culprit then it's more than likely from feeding. Either cut back on the amount/frequency or try making your own blender mush.

I would suspect my feeding tbh, the water I get is de-ionised with a TDS reading of 0.

Do I need to put anything around the RowaPhos in the skimmer media basket? I haven't bought any yet so I don't know how big the granules are, if indeed it is granules?

Cheers Shelton.

I don't think the smallest pack comes with the bag, but it will probably work out best if you get one of the largest sizes anyway so you should get one with those.

It's very similar to the carbon granules so just use it the same way. I think for such high phosphate levels you will need to replace it every couple days for the first week at least. Then you can change it less frequently once the levels have dropped.

I would still look into changing foods because the Rowaphos will cost you a small fortune if you have a lot of phosphates to get rid of. You might want to try doing more frequent or larger water changes too.

I've been using brine shrimp & now mysis as well, you think I should get something else?

You think once I get the levels under control I could/should run RowaPhos for 2 weeks & then GAC 2 weeks?

Cheers Shelton

Back
Top Bottom