S/w fish keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tanked84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys and girls im brand new to this forum so forgive me if this is in the wrong place to post lol...... but i got a 29g s/w tank no coral just live rock....... I've had the tank running since Christmas ......got about 20lbs or rock and have two black clowns gobie grabs snails and a chac star...... i've tried to add a 6 line and with in a few days it died...... thought maybe the clowns got it or the crabs...... than i got a fire shrimp had it about a few weeks ...... within the 2nd day of it shedding it died........ as of today i had a beauty angel i think it was called.....had it about 4 days ,it was doing fine eating and all that swimming all around.....yesterday i noticed it was staying in a cave for a while and today when i was feeding it was going sideways ........ so i ended up taking it out...... please help me LOL the only fish that keep staying alive are the clowns!!!!!!!! help me PLEASE !!!!!!! THANKS

i bring my water into the local fish store....and i test my salt water level at my house ..they keep saying my water is fine

i bring my water into the local fish store....and i test my salt water level at my house ..

I meant what instruments? For salinity do you have a hydrometer or a refractometer? What are the temps of the tank and how steady are they?

i have a hydrometer....the temp is steady 76

Could be from bad readings of the hydrometer. Try to get all of the air bubbles out. Very hard to say with the little information you've provided though. Have you had your water tested recently by the store? I recommend you get your own test kit.

i make sure to get rid of the air bubbles ...... but i dont get why it wouldn't kill other fish besides my clowns and my chac star and everything else is ok

Different fish are sensitive to different things, especially when still acclimating to a new tank. I would review your acclimation procedures and get real numbers as to water quality to share with us. Don't add any more fish until you think you have the situation stabilized. We all lose occasional live stock for forces beyond our control, such as poor collection practices.

Did you cycle the tank? How are you acclimating the livestock to the setup? Inverts need a long drip acclimation time or they can be 'shocked' and cause death due to differing parameters from tank a to tank b.

You really should work on getting your own test kit for your tank. It's no good relying on a LFS to test your parameters for you.

Back
Top Bottom