SAD PUFFER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently decided to get another fish ,I have a large puffer, about 12 inches long, he was tank raised, not sure if he was ever with other fish but I do know he is a gentle giant, i have a little goby about an inch long, he has no interest in bothering or eaten any other fish, was raised of freeze dried krill
Anyway I bought a spotted grouper about the same size as him ,they get along real good, to good ,had me worried there for a while, was thinking I would be the first to have a dog face grouper
Anyway all is well except the grouper took his bed, i call it his bed because that's where puffer likes to sleep ,puffer now when tired lays on the sand and looks at me like he is so sad
I know you all may think im nuts but puffers are a fish that express there feelings and I feal so bad, not sure if I should give it time or take the grouper back ,love my puffer, if I had to choose puffer will always be my choice

If you want to keep both, you may want to rearrange the rockwork a little. Then the puffer and grouper will find their new "beds" and obviously they'll choose the best place that suits them so they may both be happy. If you arent interested in changing the rockwork you may have to take the grouper back, thats what i'd try imo anyway!! good luck.. the puffer sounds soooo sad!!

I looked at your profile and didnt see any equipment listed. If you do not have a really good skimmer, you might want to invest in one pretty soon. Groupers and puffers are very messy fish that add tons to the bioload. They seems to be quite large for even a 135 gallon tank.

Awww dog face puffers really do look like little dogs!!!!

Keep the puffer if you have to choose!

I love my puffer, would not trade him for anything ,yes I do have a skimmer but I try to net out any mess thats made every night ,he tends to go after dinner and im right there to catch it all :D

Back
Top Bottom