Signs of Marine Life in the Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just want to share what I watched in Discovery Channel called "Amazon Abyss". You all most likely watched that too. Everyone in the hobby was excited about that show.

Anyways, they found freshwater sponges in large groups. They also found a freshwater stingray. The film was too murky but the stuff they found were amazing.

I think it is going to be an amazing study when they start investigating that anomaly. And the finding was right in the heart of the Amazon, a river 3000+ miles long.

I watched that too and the catfish that eat things from the inside out were just wild. Very cool show.

never hear dof the freshwater sponges before i saw it but if known of fw stingrays forever,i would like to get one but knowing me some how id get stung and they need a 180 gallon tank or more.

The catfish were amazing. They say those catfish could compare to the "wrath" of the red bellied piranha. I read that most marine-originated life form in the amazon basin are predominantly from the Pacific. I read somewhere that there was a time millions of years ago when the Andes was formed that a huge body of the pacific became an inland waterform that is now the amazon.

In that case, those sponges are probably something naturally located in the amazon to begin with. I don't take credit for that information and I was paraphrasing that.

Here's the link. http://rainforests.mongabay.com/amazon/

Back
Top Bottom