Stocking for Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwesomeDartfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon coralife biocube with 30 pounds of live rock and 20 pounds of live sand. Inside the tank I have 20 ninja star snails (Borrowing some from a friends tank to fight algae bloom) 2 peppermint shrimp 1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 feather duster 4 astrea snails. 2 black clown fish and 2 firedartfish. I know about the cycle and have been testing the whole time. I have 3 corals right now, one colony polyp, one torch coral and another coral thats name is escaping me. I know I am pretty much fully stocked but I want to get one center piece fish. I know tanks are a no go so I was thinking a coral beauty or some kind of dwarf angelfish. If I cant get it ok I wont I don't want to screw up my tank.:thanks:

CB in a 29 is a very tight fit since they are a very active fish so I would suggest looking for a fish more compatible for a 29g maybe a bangii cardinal , something that don't get huge and isn't over active your basically stocked now with just the clowns

Would I be able to get a dragonet fish in there, my lfs has some ora dragonets that eat mysis shrimp, could I get that. Also people have said that you can get a pygmy angelfish happily in a biocube. Is that true?

No on Pygmy in a biocube. And I wouldn't risk the dragonet there is no guarantee that the dragonet will continue to eat prepared foods once introduced to your tank. And it's too small to maintain a copepod population for a dragonet unless you are well prepared for it with a fuge and additional external pod supply.

Back
Top Bottom