Temp question...upgrading lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have right now on my 125 just reg 80 watts of FO lights. Im now adding an Ice Cap 660 VHO system with 2 atinics and 2 whites. (all 110's of course). My temp now stays around 80-81 during the day now and this is with a fan in the canopy (clip on) and one in the sump area blowing just around in the base area. I also have a VERY small fan that is blowing into the sump but not worth mentioning really.
My long shot question is how much heat do you think these bulbs will add and how should I combat it? Im also in the process of adding 2 "computer" fans built into the canopy but are not done yet. I really want to get the lights goning first.
Thanks

FWIW. I have 2x75watt VHO on my 29gal. and it only pushes the temp up .5-.8 degrees F w/ no fans. I don't think heat will be an issue w/ the fans you have. Get the lights going first, and then if there is an issue deal w/ it then.

wow...well hopefully I will not add any more heat then...I was expecting to add another 1-2 degrees.

VHO's put out some heat but its not to bad. YOu can acutally touch the bulb after being on for a few hours and not come away with burns. PC bulbs and MH on the other hand will give you a nice reminder if your in contact for to long.

I have 4 X 110W VHO over a 75 with NO fans and I dont have a temp problem due to the bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom