ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cody90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im pretty new to everything including the internet not big on asking question like to figure it out myself. This question may have already been asked but im running a ten gallon salt tank i love corals and was wondering how many corals can be put in a ten gallon before you start to run into problems?

im writting whats writting on the box sorry should have provided all this lol its a solar flare led has 2 x 6,700k mid-day lamps 2 x 10,000k lamps and 2 x 460nm r, blue lamps.

Were did you get the kit? Do you mean it has 6 led bulbs total ? Meaning 2 bulbs at 10000 and 2 at 6700 and 2 actinics?

Sounds like 6 leds. The spectrum of the bulb isn't as important as the watt of the diode.
Does it have a total number of watts, or anything?

Sorry for any typos I'm at a friends house on my phone but it was three watts if I remember wide spectrum. Idk why it says 2 x blue bulbs its actually one and I got it at a fish store near me and its all 5 in one lamp set up

I'm not real up to date on led so I was gunna Google the lights do u got a model number .. I know they have come along way with leds and its the way most the reefers on hear are going but at the same time there is still cheap leds ment for fresh water tanks or fish only marine tanks...

I'd have to find out the # when I got back home sorry

So what's to much coral? Lol is there a way to tell by testing the water?

To answer you question though, you can't just fill a tank with corals. Every type will have different lighting requirements, flow requirements, feeding requirements. If you are new to the hobby just take it nice and slow and research each piece you buy! I suppose an experienced reefer could fill a tank with corals, once you get quite full you may need to be supplementing the tank, dosing various chemicals to keep the water stable.

Back
Top Bottom